Preschool is such an exciting time for both your child and your family. This is a time for exploration and discovery. We will take every opportunity to help your child develop an understanding of the world around them and much of what it offers. Our preschoolers will spend extended periods of time in 5 different areas of development: artistic expression, math, science, language development and dramatic play. Each of these areas are designed to create a well-rounded learning platform in which each student can develop at their own pace.
We have two Pre-K 3 classes; The Willow (language arts) and The Garden (science/math). Although we divide the students by age we work as a team to ensure they meet all their goals throughout the school year. PreK 3 do practice rotation just like our PreK 4 and PreK 5 classes, to learn time management and how to interact with several adults. So, your student will experience each Pre-K 3 classroom settings.
Preschool goals are developed knowing that at the age of three children are ready to explore and learn new things but also struggle at times with social and emotional growth. It is our goal to provide for them learning opportunities that all for independence while at the same time provide the support they still need. Therefore our preschool goals incorporate not only academic measures but also social and emotional goals. These goals are:
• Recognize all the letters in their name
• Form the letters in their name
• Know ½ their letter sounds
• Knows 5 opposites
• Able to rhyme 5 different endings
• Recognize onset sounds
• Recite the alphabet correctly
• Recite the days of the week
• Recite the months of the year
• Know the parts of a books
• Understand the purpose of 911
• Know the difference between a letter and a number
• Count 1-30 no errors
• Form numbers 1-5 correctly
• Know the seven basic shapes
• Work to form 4 shapes
• Know their birthday
• Recognize 1-10
• Understand 1 to 1 correlation
• Able to complete a 20-pc puzzle
• Make a home project to present at school
• Be able to properly hold and use scissors
• Properly hold and use writing tools
• Know all the colors
• Follow 2 and 3 step directions
• Be able to use both stick and liquid glue properly
• Understand the terms top and bottom, back and front
• Draw a full person
• Recognize all their primary color words
• Will create a portfolio to reflect the 12 monthly themes
• Will send home a structured art project weekly
• Will introduce all forms of sensory: sand, shaving cream, playdough, dirt, water
• Stand on one foot (for a count of 5)
• Climb stairs with alternating steps
• Jump with two feet, 2 ft.
• Perform a jumping jack
• Hit a ball with a stick
• Catch a ball with two hands
For preschoolers, we offer a unique learning environment to stimulate each student and allow for greater learning time and experiences. We will rotate 2 times in our day covering 4 developmental domains and have 2 outside play times. Each of these are 40 minutes. As transitions occur between topics the children will be offered bathroom breaks.
Breakfast is served from 8:00 - 8:30 am, lunch is from 11:30 am 12:00 pm (instruction does take place during lunch), nap is from 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm and snack will be offered every afternoon at 3:00 pm. Our academic day will end at 4:30 pm at which time we will begin clean-up and quiet play until pick up.
Interested in learning more? Contact us to set up a tour!